1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Downloading & Installing Wii U Games, Setting up CFW, Installing Haxchi

MattKimura Nov 13, 2016

Tags:
  1. bankiforme

bankiforme New Member

I have a question... I bought a title Hyrule heros a long time ago. Recently i have put homebrew channel and isouhax on my wii u. Im trying to install a DLC through WUP installer and every time it keeps saying dlc is corrupt when i try to load the game. Any Suggestions on how to fix this?

2. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

1. Yep you can check the free space by going to system settings, then data management

2. Yep you can uninstall games, also through data management. Just DO NOT EVER uninstall the DS VC used for coldbooting! You will be bricked

3. Im unsure if there's a way to backup the NAND aside from creating RedNAND and extracting it from the SD card it's installed on. But there's no way to restore it other than hardmod. I have no info on how to do this however.

3. triplekiller

triplekiller New Member

Many Thanks to you Matt!
    I only want a "clean" backup of my NAND in case i ever need it to restore my WiiU, other than that, it´s not too important for me.

Also, did anyone try to use 2 External Drives at once in the Wii-U? (Both for the WiiU side of things)
    Don´t want to brick my Wii-U just by being stupid after all ;D

4. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Yep you can use multiple external drives on the same Wii U, they will just be tied to your system.
    The only brick risky thing you can do on the Wii U is coldbooting, but if you're careful it's not bad at all. Someone did manage to brick on my guide, but that's because I forgot to change secondary haxchi to homebrew launcher channel like I originally intended.

5. io2345

io2345 New Member

Any idea what's wrong with WiiU USB Helper today? Keeps saying "An error has occured while trying to fetch the metadata.
    Value for Ulnt64 to big or small. This is a critical error. The app will now close."

EDIT: Works now...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

The same exact problem happened to me today, it must be a temporary thing that the dev will fix in the next update. I'm sure someone will alert the dev one of these days. No worries!

7. io2345

io2345 New Member

Dear Matt,
    thank you so much for this thread. Wouldn't have made it without it!
    One more question: The kids want to play online, so I guess I have to use automatic DNS-Settings and live with the risk to catch an update from Nintendo.
    Talking about getting banned: Is it less risky to play online in CFW-Mode (using Mocha)? Or is the chance to get banned the same?
    And what is that "Nintendo-ID" you obviously need to have to play online?

8. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

so, i originally set up haxchi coldbooting on the very last slide of the wii u menu. however, since installing more games, another page has been created. would moving the haxchi with coldbooting to the last page harm anything?

9. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Hey no problem! Glad you find it useful !
    You can keep your DNS setting and still play online, there's never a reason to stop using it.
    The CFW is just patches to allow your system to ignore signature checks, it's no different than not usng CFW. Nintendo can't detect this.
    As for the safety of playing online, it's safe.
    Yup you need a Nintendo Network ID to play online, which is easy to setup. You just need an email, username and password.

I believe moving means moving from internal storage to USB. But to play it safe, just uninstall CBHC by running the installer and pressing B. I had to do this before I had to move the title to the last page on every user account on my system.
    I'm sure it's safe to move, someone even put it in a folder turned off the system. Nothing happened.

10. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

That's great news! Thanks so much for the advice suggesting uninstalling/reinstalling CBHC. Worked like a charm

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  11. Randleman

Randleman New Member

Wow, looks like an amazing tutorial! Going to try this out tonight on my Wii U which i bought yesterday. Will let everyone know how it went :)

12. helenildo

helenildo New Member

VERY GOOD THANKS

13. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

So, it now possible with CFW to play other region games? I really want Metroid: Other M but unfortunately with the good ol' usb helper, only the EUR version is available.

14. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

Wow even Tom Hanks Mods his Wii!!

tomhanks69 likes this.
  15. BeastMode

BeastMode New Member

I'm new to this, is haxchi a homebrew launcher?

16. acegcell

acegcell New Member

great

17. BeastMode

BeastMode New Member

Nevermind my earlier question, but how can i move files to the flashdrive after i format it for the wii u. My pc wont let me open it, says it doesn't recognize the format and asks me to format it before using?

18. robotfactory

robotfactory New Member

-
    --- Post updated ---
    You need to put the games on the SD card (in the /Install folder). You cannot connect your HDD or flash drive that has been formatted for the Wii U to your PC. Basically you copy the game from your PC to the SD Card, then from the SD card to your Wii U USB HDD/flash drive.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  19. BeastMode

BeastMode New Member

I figured it out after reading into it a little more I was trying to run homebrew off the flash drive I didn't know you needed a sd card and a flash drive I thought you just needed one or the other. I'm to the Wii stuff I just got my daughter one for Christmas so I'm just learning as I go. Thank you though. And thank you up for this tutorial.

20. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

I'm the one who wrote the tutorial, not the person you replied to : p

Really happy to see you using this to bring happiness to your children. My friend did the same with his kids. The Wii U is great for younger players for sure.
    I just updated the guide a bit here and there.