1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Downloading & Installing Wii U Games, Setting up CFW, Installing Haxchi

MattKimura Nov 13, 2016

Tags:
  1. mochi_enak

mochi_enak New Member

I'm using japanese WiiU and installed Mario Kart 8 US version into the system. When I activated the CFW and pressed the game, it loads the game up until the logo name with the flag and after that my screen freeze. Is it because I'm using different region of mario kart or the game itself corrupted? it it's corrupted should I re-install it again or re-download it? thank you

2. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Never seen this issue. The CFW is definitely regionfree. If you have it installed to USB, maybe that USB isn't being reliable. Try re-installing the game or redownloading it.

3. mochi_enak

mochi_enak New Member

Actually I installed it right in the system internal memory. I tried to fresh installed it without the updates, and nintendo forced me to update the game and still freeze tho. I blocked the nintendo server and fresh installed it again without the update and the result is still the same.

4. somchailove3

somchailove3 New Member

good job

5. ragnheidur

ragnheidur New Member

i have the problem, Fatal Frame Maiden of Black Water (DLC) (CFW ONLY) Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder

6. io2345

io2345 New Member

Dear Matt,
    do you know where I can find information on how using the Wii-(Compatibility)-Mode of the WiiU in combination with game backups (backups of Wii-Games, of course. Currently in wbfs-Format, eventually need to re-download in a different format?).
    Is it possible to do this?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Mr Footlong

Mr Footlong New Member

MattKimura, thank you very much for your detailed tutorial, much appreciated. If/when you have the time, I would really appreciate your input/confirmation on the following.

I have a WiiU on 5.5.1, modded via the Loadiine web exploit > Homebrew Launcher 1.3 > WUP Installer method. I have installed well over 40 games (and updates where available) to a 525Gb SSD drive in a USB caddy on the WiiU and as no doubt you know only too well, this has taken a loooooooooooong time to do!

I want to to follow your guide, but over the last month I have read conflicting information regarding all the games that I have already installed using the "Brazilian Method", with some things I have read saying that if I Haxchi the console and/or also install a CFW/autoboot it, that all the games I have already installed via WUP Installer will no longer work?

In an ideal world, I would like to Haxchi this console, autoboot the CFW so that I can DLC the hell out of her ;), but also still have full access to all the games I have already installed as well as ones installed from inside the CFW, without having to come out of the CFW back to unpatched OS, if that makes sense?

The thought of me having to reinstall all of those games again post-Haxchi/autoboot CFW fills me with dread to put it mildly!

Thanks,

Nick :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  8. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

Any USB ready games installed to your HDD will continue to work. The only thing installing cfw will do is exactly what you said in that it will allow you to install and use good ol DLC and VC games and other eShop content, as well as any foreign titles you want to play. Yes cfw also region frees your console so you will be able to install other region games. Nothing will happen to anything you have already installed. Also with the homebrew launcher channel, you can say goodbye to having to rely on the browser exploit . Enjoy!

9. Betor

Betor New Member

Another excellent tutorial
    Thanks for the excellent work !!!
    I have a question regarding haxchi , once installed , can I change the boot program of haxchi ?? In order words can I tell haxchi to boot mocha instead the default Homebrew Channel ??
    Thanks

10. airmano

airmano New Member

Hello,

First of all, thank you for this huge and well detailed tutorial!

I have two questions about dlc and vc games without using haxchi.

1. If I install an eshop game with mocha 'activated' in a different region than mine and in another time, I forget to run mocha before running it, will I have a brick danger?

2. With mocha, can I play all the games existing in 'Wii U USB helper' (as I'm using it) without any other tool? I suppose yes, but I want to be sure.

Thanks a lot

11. MattKimura

MattKimura Active Member

Whoops sorry for the late reply! Just edit the config.txt file and change the default to be mocha. But you can also just use sysmenu, which is haxchi's own CFW which is slightly faster to boot up.

default=sysmenu

1. Nope you'll just get an error if you launch the out of region game without CFW enabled. I may have added this tidbit of info in the guide somewhere : p
    There is practically no brick risk when all you're doing is installing games and playing them.

2. The games labeled as "legit" in Wii U USB Helper actually don't need CFW to play them. While the other section needs CFW to play them. You should notice two buttons on the left hand side of Wii U USB Helper for legit and eshop.

12. io2345

io2345 New Member

You're back Matt!
    May I ask you again my issue in post #66 ?