1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Tutorial Install WII U Legit Games - USB game Loading

Rohul1997 Oct 19, 2016

1. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

question here, now that you have your games copied to HD or USB stick, what would happen if you plugged this into another wiiU?not the one it was set up on? I would assume they are tied to the wiiu but not 100 percent sure.
    --- Post updated ---
    Got another question for ya, when you got your usb all made, will this work in another wiiU? or can I plug another HD in WiiU and copy through wiiU?

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

Ive no idea. Would be good if it did

3. icouldberaff

icouldberaff Member

Woah this is cool! Thanks! Installed Ducktales Remastered for testing. The game downloaded an update right after starting.

Any way to install DLCs that arent mine? If yes, is there a thread here? And how to install them? (If it's okay to ask this kind of question here. Sorry - noob.)

4. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

Got another question for ya, when you got your usb all made, will this work in another wiiU? or can I plug another HD in WiiU and copy through wiiU?
    Thanks for reply, as soon a I find another wiiU I will try it and message back to the post with the results. Thanks again.

Richy01698 likes this.
  5. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

It doesn't work with legit installed games you've actually purchased I know that for sure because there tied to the system. But this method of running games who knows.

bigdadblair likes this.
  6. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

absolutely beautiful!!!

7. Kichirokun

Kichirokun Member

With the USB method we don,t need to block nintendo DNS server right ?

8. Richy01698

Richy01698 New Member

European Google drive link not working. Can you please fix it.

And I've got about 10 games now on my 128GB USB 3 Drive. And now can I make a copy of my usb drive and put it on a different USB to give to my friend and will it work OK
    --- Post updated ---
    I've unblocked my DNS now and play games online

bigdadblair likes this.
  9. toby1978

toby1978 New Member

What if I want to switch to a bigger usb device? Can I just copy my contents from the usb I am using to another one? Thanks

10. bigdadblair

bigdadblair Member

So I was informed by DarkFlare that they will NOT work on another WiiU. This is what he said "You will need to reinstall the games for each wii u since the tickets are installed to the console, not HD".

I just figured I would reply back letting you guys know as well!!

11. Aaron Spinks

Aaron Spinks New Member

Am i only able to play the games linked on this post or any USB ready games?

12. carlosedt

carlosedt Member

Hey guys what happen if i just copy-paste the fixed ticket to one of my WUD games? or do i have to download it strictly from NUS?

13. Justin Montney

Justin Montney New Member

Getting message that says "Tried to install a title that's not a version title or game update"
    Any tips anyone... I have tried changing the ticket and also trying differnet games.
    My next attempt will feature a different place where I get my game.

I am currently using a 5.5.1 Wii U with Homebrew (Wii U verision) but thatis all I have set up is the homebrew exploit and working Homebrew.

14. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

Is your sd card install/gamefolder/files?

Example: install/mariokart/(files here, no more folders) also, wupinstaller doesn't accept hyphenated letters or non-letter/non-numeric characters

15. Justin Montney

Justin Montney New Member

I was using the original wup installer. When I shwiched to the Y mod it was all fixed.

16. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 Active Member

too bad its not this easy for 3ds :( what a treat it would be to be able to install games without a cfw on 3ds