1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Temporary emails are not supported for signing up accounts on 3DS Chaos, this includes 10 minute emails. All will be detected by our system & the accounts will be deleted
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shared accounts, multiple accounts & inappropriate usernames not allowed on our site

Please use a legit email account from a reliable email provider, temporary email accounts are not allowed & will be rejected by our system
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Problem Signing up?

Please use the contact us link at the bottom of the site listing the problem with your email & ip addresses & the problem will be looked into by our admin team
    Dismiss Notice

Help wup installer error mcp_installgetinfo 0xFFFBF3E2

ace0522 Oct 23, 2016

1. ace0522

ace0522 New Member

I'm trying to install a game with wup installer and each time it says this:
    mcp_installgetinfo 0xFFFBF3E2
    This is my first time. I've never gotten a game to work this way yet. I am on system version 5.5.1. I have my DNS settings to block updates. I've used loadiine successfully with sd cards. I'm trying to install splatoon US. I got it from NUS and the title.tik file already modified from this same board. I also tried Mario Maker that said USB ready.
    I believe I have my sd card set up correctly. The card name is SD. I put wup installer in the apps folder and created an install folder in the root. The first time I searched this error someone said to capitalize the I to be Install instead of install. After hours already messing with it I said "REALLY!" when I saw that but unfortunately it wasn't the fix. I'm going to loadiine.ovh through the browser, picking homebrew launcher from the menu. It loads. I see WUP installer at the bottom. Open it. I've tried (A) to install to system and (X) to external. Both give the same error. My next idea is a different sd card unless someone else knows what is wrong.

:\wiiu\apps\wupinstaller
    -->icon.png
    -->meta.xml
    -->wupinstaller.elf

:\wiiu\install
    -->0000000a.app
    -->0000000b.app
    -->0000000b.h3
    -->...etc. More files like this ^
    -->title.cert
    -->title.tik
    -->title.tmd

I have since tried a few different SD cards. Full size SD and micro in adapter. I've used different wup .elf versions. One said it could install multiple games by putting them in subfolders within the install folder. I tried with all my files in the install folder and creating a subfolder. Everything I try gives me the same error mcp_installgetinfo 0xFFFBF3E2

2. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

The install folder dont go in the wiiu folder. Just place it on the root of sd card.

3. ace0522

ace0522 New Member

Woooooow. Yep. That worked. I don't even know what to say.
    [​IMG]

bigdadblair likes this.
  4. NeoGamer

NeoGamer Well-Known Member Staff Member

Lol the picture says it all :)

5. MagestikGaming

MagestikGaming New Member

do not worked with me!
    i am installing Pokken Tournament

and do not work!
    help me please

Thanks

daggerex10 likes this.
  6. daggerex10

daggerex10 New Member

i got the same thing going on!! im just trying to get my lil bro a game for christmas but the wii u doesnt want to read pokken tournament.... always get that "not a version title or update" error..

7. chito241993

chito241993 New Member

The program doesn't recognize this character ' ,if your folder said Pokkén tournament rename it to POKKEN TOURNAMENT, without the ' in the letter E.
    --- Post updated ---
    The program doesn't recognize this character ' ,if your folder said Pokkén tournament rename it to POKKEN TOURNAMENT, without the ' in the letter E.

lionheart9999 likes this.